The Canvas Riversands: Statement regarding COVID19 prevention steps
Johannesburg, 12 March 2020 – As a responsible venue and in line with our company values, the health and wellbeing of all who attend events hosted at The Canvas Riversands is a priority.
We clean our facilities on a daily basis using the industrial quality cleaning materials and disinfectants. However, in light of COVID19, we have instituted the following additional measures to mitigate against the spread of the disease:
- Setting up 10 stations for self-dispensing hand sanitizers throughout our building.
- Keeping our main bathroom doors open so that visitors do not have to touch handles.
- Adding additional hygiene signage around our events to remind visitors to wash their hands regularly.
- Increasing the frequency of wipe downs of all common touch areas each day including door knobs, lecterns, microphones, hand rails, trash cans, water stations, registration tables and in and around the bathroom areas.
We recommend that event organisers also consider the following actions in hosting events:
- Communicate regarding the importance of delegates staying at home should they experience any symptoms: a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath.
- Communicate that if delegates have recently visited any counties of high-risk regions identified do not attend events.
Sales & Events Co-ordinator
Tel: +27 (0) 11 012 4700
Mobile: +27 (0) 67 021 2264